Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm on a quest to find recipes that use store-bought, pre-cooked chicken, and this certainly fit the bill! And it looks wonderfully easy. As bhg.com says, "Boiling water is the most time-consuming element of making this super-fast chicken spin on mac-and-cheese."
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese spread (garden vegetable flavor or chive and onion)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (9 ounce) packagefrozen chopped cooked chicken breasts
- In a large saucepan cook tortellini according to package directions. Place frozen vegetable in colander. Drain the hot pasta over vegetables to thaw; return pasta-vegetable mixture to pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine cream cheese and milk; heat and stir until cheese is melted. Heat chicken according to package directions.
- Stir cheese sauce into cooked pasta-vegetable mixture. Cook and gently stir until heated through. Spoon into individual serving bowls. Top with chicken. Makes 4 servings.
This is a pretty fast recipe, but I might cut down on the cream cheese next time. It's very overwhelming. The tortellini itself can also be kind of expensive. I might try this again when I see it on sale.
I used chopped broccoli instead of peas. I also added salt, pepper, and garlic to the sauce to spice it up some. This was good, I'd make it again. I do recommend adding some italian spices to the cream cheese sauce though.
THIS WHAT I MEANT TO SAY.this was very very good. i used low fat cream cheese and that was my only substitute. easy to make, fast especially after work and uses stuff i usually have in the house