Recipe by Walltop
This biscuit mix makes wonderful biscuits and is also high fiber and Omega 3 oils. I've tried several flour combinations for higher fiber and yet good texture and this is the best yet. I store it in the freezer since it has fats in it that are not stored at room temperature.
- 5 cups flour
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup flax seed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup featherweight baking powder (a sodium free baking powder)
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered milk
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a very large bowl stir dry ingredients together.
- Cut butter and margarine in to dry ingredients until it is the consistency of coarse corn meal.
- If your bowl is not big enough, take out some of the mixed dry ingredients before cutting in the butter and maargarine. Then stir back in after dune cutting inches.
- Store in a bag in the freezer.
- Milk or water can be used to make biscuits.
- Add just enough to make a moist dough that is not too wet to knead.
- Knead a few strokes on a floured surface and roll 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake 15-18 minutes ar 425 deg F.