Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Breakfast for one or double it. Tastes great with leftover ham. The green of the spinach is a nice contrast. Stir fry some red peppers and mushrooms to have on the side. Wholewheat toast Mmmm.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sour cream (or pureed cottage cheese)
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach, washed,dried and chopped fine
- 1 pinch thyme
- lite olive oil
- Gradually mix the milk into the flour, whisk until smooth.
- add sour cream (cottage cheese), eggs, thyme, salt& pepper.
- Whisk until very well blended.
- Stir in the cheese and spinach.
- Heat skillet, spray with oil.
- Over medium heat pour in the egg mixture, allow to firm on the bottom, with a spatula disturb the eggs and flip so you continually get the uncooked egg on the bottom.
- Do not over cook the eggs.
Did these up for breaky this morning, used the cottage cheese and cut the cheddar by half, they were still delicious!! we love spinach, this looks great served on brown toast, thanks Bergy. another tastey recipe!!
I agree with ms bold--this may be a preference thing. I found the texture of these eggs very strange, almost gummy. I did like the use of spinach and thyme, so will make scrambled eggs the way I usually do with those additions. Different strokes :-)
I used large curd cottage cheese and pepper jack cheese, because this is all I have in the house. I don't even like cottage cheese or pepper jack cheese... this was absolutely fantastic. Thank you!