Recipe by Deb Wolf
Not technically an Asian recipe, it's quick and very tasty.
Top Review by Ms. Mother Earth
Deb, I'm giving this a 4 star because I think it would of been better if I hadn't messed it up. You said to let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes, and I didn't think letting it sit longer would do any harm; wrong. The "vinagerette" broke down the cabbage making the flavor far too diluted and soggy. Won't do that next time :) I like that this is low fat but I will add another tsp of sesame oil for flavor and how about tossing in some toasted sesame seeds for crunch!
- 1⁄2 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of, fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (Asian style)
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix, shredded style