1 hr 10 mins
Emmie Gruchow's Note:
I'm hypoglycemic, so the effort to find dessert foods that don't put me out of commission for the rest of the day has been a long and sometimes messy one. This is the first chocolate chip cookie recipe I feel confident in posting. The cookies are relatively healthy, but still fattening and sweet and tasty enough to qualify as real cookies. And no blood sugar spikes! This will be edited as the great cookie experiment progresses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix the first three ingredients together in a bowl with a fork.
- 3Melt 3/4 cup butter for 20 seconds in microwave (do not cover!).
- 4In a separate bowl, mix apple sauce, melted butter, agave syrup, rosewater, vanilla extract, hazelnut extract with spoon.
- 5Pour liquid mixture into flour mixture and stir slowly with fork until mixture is smooth.
- 6If you previously decided to use a small bowl anyway, because your other medium-sized bowl was dirty, and you are far too smart to be outwitted by pancake mix; thank the applesauce for the current absence of flour all over your clothes and counter.
- 7Pour chocolate chip cookies and stevia powder into dough, and stir in together.
- 8If the mixture looks a bit too thin, add 1 tablespoons at a time of oatmeal until it thickens up a bit.
- 9Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil, and drop dough with a tablespoon onto foil, about 1 1/2 inches apart. To make cookies of proper size, each spoonful should be about 2 tablespoons.
- 10Bake each sheet for 10-12 minutes. If you're not sure, bake to 10 minutes, and turn off the heat, but leave the cookies in the oven for five more minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almost Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.7
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 41.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ten-grain pancake mix