Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from T.O.H. web site and starts with a brownie mix and you can't tell. Do yourself a favor and try it, but don't use imitation almond extract use the real stuff.
- 20 ounces fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate, chps
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the brownie mix, water, vegetable oil, egg, chopped almonds and almond extract.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9 pan and bake for 23-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Don't overbake.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- In microwave, melt chocolate chips.
- Stir until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and confectioners sugar until smooth.
- Add milk, almond extract and melted chips.
- Mix well.
- Spread over brownies.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Melt chocolate chips and cream over low heat. Stir until melted.
- Spread over filling.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before cutting.
These are so wonderful! I left out the almonds, though.