Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was given several 5-star ratings from Better Homes & Gardens readers.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate piece (6 ounces)
- 1 cup almond toffee bits
- 1 cup almonds (sliced or chopped)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Heat oven to 325 degree F.
- Melt butter or margarine in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan in the oven (about 6 minutes).
- Remove pan from oven.
- Sprinkle oats and crumbs evenly over melted butter or margarine; press lightly onto bottom of pan using the back of a large metal spoon.
- Sprinkle the chocolate pieces, toffee bits, and almonds evenly over crumb mixture.
- Drizzle all with sweetened condensed milk.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are bubbly and center is just lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and immediately run a narrow metal spatula or table knife around edges of pan to loosen the cookie.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack; cut into bars.
- Makes 48 bars.
- TOFFEE-FRUIT BARS: Substitute 1/2 cup snipped dried apricots for 1/2 cup of the chocolate pieces. Continue as above.
- MAKE-AHEAD TIP: Cover pan and store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Exceptionally gooey and yummy!