Recipe by Sharon123
Filled with herbs and nuts and grains, this is wonderfully healthy and a pleasure to eat! Africa/Middle East recipe.
Top Review by Mami J
This was a nice dish. I still prefer regular tabbouleh but the almonds were a nice twist on it. My 5 yo really liked it, which was a big surprise. Thanks! Made for Swizzle Chicks and ZWT6.
- 1 cup uncooked cracked wheat
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped parsley
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup chopped toasted almond
- 1⁄2 cup almond oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint (or 2 tsp. dried mint, crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the cracked wheat in boiling water 1 hour; drain. Mix in tomatoes, parsley, green onions and almonds. Combine almond or olive oil with lemon juice, mint, salt and pepper. Toss dressing with cracked wheat mixture.
- Chill several hours for flavors to blend. Enjoy!
- Makes about 2 quarts.