Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
These Italian-style cookies have a sweet name, but they are not overly sweet. They pair nicely with a cup of coffee for an afternoon pick-me-up. Recipe is from a Better Home and Garden Italian magazine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease 2 large cookie sheets; set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set flour mixture aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs, granulated sugar, oil, vanilla and almond extract with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour mixture.
- Drop dough by teaspoons 1 inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
- Frost with Almond icing.
- To make icing, in medium bowl, stir together 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 1/4 t almond extract and enough milk to make a smooth, spreadable icing.
- If desired, tint icing with food coloring.
- If desired, sprinkle lightly with colored sugar or multicolored candies.
- Let icing dry.
- To store: layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container and cover.
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Or freeze unfrosted cookies for up to 3 months; thaw and frost.