Recipe by Hybrid Cookin'
I was making sugar cookies last week for a holiday party and i had this little inspiration while stirring the dough:) A handful of Cherry Flavored Craisins and some slivered almonds and almond extract added a nice new twist on an old favorite with no fuss at all! I have now made them two more times with the measurements below and they are consistently yummy!! These will be a nice variation among my sugar cookies this year...
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 (12 ounce) packagecherry flavored craisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized bowl, blend together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, margarine and sugar until smooth. Add egg, vanilla and almond extracts, blend again until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture and stir well. Add Craisins and almonds, stir until blended.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 6-9 minutes or until golden brown.