Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I love to have this delicious cookie at Christmas. If you can wait a couple days after baking before you eat them, you will be rewarded with a much richer cookie. Very easy and not at all time consuming!
- 1⁄2 cup real butter, room temp
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup almonds (I buy the slivered ones)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- With your almonds, either just crush them or you can put them into a blender/food processor to either make very small pieces or ground. its your preference as to how you would like them. mix the almonds with the flour and salt.
- When the butter is creamed, add the flour mix. it will seem crumbley, keep mixing until it comes together.
- When mixed well, separate into 4 equal balls.
- I use a pizza pan because I can do the whole batch on one pan. Lightly grease pan. Take balls and press until about 1/4-inch thick. cut into six pieces (yes, before you bake).
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. You don't want them browned, just set well.
- When they are done, take them out and cut again and put on cooling rack still together. Let cool. Store in tight container. I use ziplock bags.
I've added this to my Christmas Cookie list. They came out so good this past season I just can't justify going without next year. :) Thanks for this lovely simple recipe!