1/2 Photos of Almond Sherry Bundt Cake
1 hr 5 mins
Simply Chris's Note:
Easy, yet really elegant and so tasty. This has got to be one of the most wonderful cakes I have ever eaten. I got this recipe from a Christian Brothers & Blue Diamond Almond ad in a magazine back in the late 70's. It is still a favorite and people always ask for the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 1/2 ounces yellow cake mix (NOT pudding type)
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup cream sherry
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 5/8 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons firm butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
- 2In large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, sherry, oil, pudding mix and nutmeg.
- 3Mix at low speed for 1 minute, scraping bowl as necessary.
- 4Mix at medium speed 3 minutes, again scraping bowl as necessary.
- 5(Or beat by hand about 5 minutes.).
- 6Pour half the batter into bundt pan.
- 7In a medium bowl mix first 4 streusel filling ingredients until crumbly.
- 8Sprinkle evenly over batter in bundt pan.
- 9Pour in remaining cake batter.
- 10Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.
- 11Cool on wire rack 15 minutes.
- 12Unmold from pan and cool completly on rack.
- 13To make the glaze, mix together the sugar, butter and sherry.
- 14Add hot water slowly until desired consistency.
- 15Brush completely cooled cake with sherry glaze and garnish with almond slices.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Sherry Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.3
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 110.8 mg
- Sodium 628.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 65.1 g
- Protein 8.0 g