Recipe by Vino Girl
From Woman's Day, November 2003.
Top Review by ranch-girl
This was very easy to make, even though I had never used puff pastry or almond paste before. I used my homemade raspberry freezer jam. It looked impressive and tasted wonderful. I drizzled it with a bit of icing that was a mix of powdered sugar and water. Thanks for posting!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1 (7 ounce) roll almond paste
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry preserves or 1⁄3 cup jam
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Have a baking sheet ready.
- Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin to 12 x 9-in rectangle.
- Cut in half lengthwise into 2 equal strips.
- Transfer 1 strip to baking sheet.
- Microwave almond paste to soften.
- Roll out between plastic wrap to 11 x 3 1/2-in rectangle.
- Remove wrap, center almond paste on on pastry sheet on baking sheet; spread with preserves.
- Fold other strip in half lengthwise.
- Cut slits through fold at 1/2-in intervals to 1 inches from edge.
- Unfold; moisten edges of strip on baking sheet with water.
- Top with slit strip. gently press edges to seal top to bottom strip.
- Bake 25 minute or until pastry is puffed and golden.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Before cutting, dust with confectioner's sugar, if desired.