Recipe by Margo59
This recipe was in the local newspaper tonight. I have not tried this, but it sounds wonderful.
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, almonds, sugar and butter; press firmly on bottom of nine inch springform pan.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Add eggs and almond extract; mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until center is set.
- Top with almond praline topping (as follows).
- In small saucepan, combine brown sugar and whipping cream (not whipped).
- Cook and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in almonds.
- Spoon evenly over cheesecake.
- Store covered in refrigerator.