Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my newly engendered recipe for almond poppy-seed muffins, nuts optional, they were moist, fluffy, and tasty!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 -4 tablespoons poppy seeds (depending on your preference)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl; combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl; whisk together softened butter, oil, sugar, eggs, vinegars, milk, sour cream, extracts, and poppy-seeds/ almonds. Blend well.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until well blended, but DO NOT over-mix as this will result in FORD muffins (that is to say, they will be "like a rock").
- Fill the lined muffin tin 70%-100% full (I personally like my muffins to floof over the top, so I went 100%).
- Bake at 375 F for 20-25 minutes (until the toothpick comes out clean). Serve.