Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
I have prepared this for most holiday get together for years. You can prepare pastry case up to a day before adding filling and pears. Bake up to 3 hours before serving. This holds up well and can be prepared in advance and served the next day.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 pears, peeled, cored, quartered
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- Pastry: Combine all ingredients in processor, process until combined.
- Remove to lightly floured surface, knead into smooth ball, cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll pastry large enough to line a 9-inch flan tin.
- Filling: Cream butter and sugar together until just combined, add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Fold in almonds and flour.
- Spread filling into pastry case, place pear quarters over filling, bake in moderate 350 degree oven 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with warmed sieved apricot jam.
Lovely presentation but the chewy texture of the almond flan is odd and the crust was not flavorful. Has potential and quick to put together.
Oh, yes, what a great tasting flan! It went together so quickly, & we absolutely loved the almond/pear/apricot flavor combo! Definitely something I'd make when company's coming, but, even so, this 1st time around I happily shared some of it with a neighbor couple! Followed your recipe right on down & wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for playing with us in Please Review My Recipe during the recent tour]