Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was found in the 2005 cookbook, The Best Recipes in the World. These are great as appetizers or served on a finger food buffet.
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup blanched almond, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour (more or less)
- In a bowl, combine the veal & pork with the egg, bread crumbs, galic, almonds, salt & pepper, mixing well, but DO NOT KNEAD.
- Form into balls from 1/2 inch in diameter to 1 inch diameter.
- Put oil in a large skillet & turn the heat to medium.
- One by one, dredge the meatballs in the flour & add them to the oil, before cooking, turning as necessary, 10 to 15 minutes or until nicely browned all over.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
YUM! I used slivered almonds, not sure if they were blanched though. I want to make these again for the crock pot