Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
There they are, every single Passover, those Macaroons. You can't escape them! I, personally, am not a fan of the coconut macaroon, which is the more popular kind of Passover cookie you find in the supermarket. But an almond macaroon? That's almost worth the whole holiday!
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the egg whites.
- Stir in the egg whites.
- The dough will be like thick, wet sand.
- Roll into one inch balls.
- Place on a greased (or foil lined, or parchment paper lined) cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Press an almond sliver into each cookie.
- Bake at 350°F.
- for 15-20 minutes, until dry and lightly brown.
What can I say? Thank you for a wonderful recipe! My DH really hates chocolate and loves almonds so I knew this would be perfect for him! Can I rate higher?
i like almonds but theses cookies did not wow me at all. For the price of almonds these days I felt this was a waste of money. Sorry