Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Rich, moist and decadently delicious, worth the time and effort. Not a cookie jar cookie, a special treat.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package fudge cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 14 large marshmallows
- 7 ounces flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini-muffin tins.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, egg, melted margarine and flour until well blended. Roll into 1" balls and place in prepared mini muffin pans. Press into bottom and up sides of muffin cups. Bake in preheated oven until set, approximately 10 minutes.
- While cups are baking, combine 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup evaporated milk in microwave safe bowl. Microwave 2 minutes on high, until mixture comes to a boil. Sit in marshmallows until melted, then stir in coconut until well combined.
- Spoon into baked shells while mixture is still warm.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine 1/4 cup evaporated milk, chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons margarine. Microwave on high 1 minute, remove and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in almonds until well coated. Spoon over coconut mixture and spread to cover.
- Cool completely before removing from pans. Store in refrigerator or freezer.