Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you love the candy bars, you'll like these!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups shredded coconut meat
- 36 whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In the top of a double boiler, combine the condensed milk, chocolate and salt. Cook over rapidly boiling water, stirring often, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and Coconut.
- Form cookies by dropping teaspoons of the mixture on a well-greased baking sheet, 1 inch apart. Top each with a whole almond.
- Bake in the middle shelf of oven for 10 to 12 minutes, watching carefully after 8 or 9 minutes, as the bottoms can get too brown.
- Immediately remove cookies from pan with a metal spatula and cool on a wax paper or parchment covered rack.
- These cookies freeze well.