Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Colourful carrots brighten tables any time of year, especially when accented with nuts and honey.
- 8 carrots (about 1-1/2 lb/750 g)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock or 3⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Peel carrots; slice on the diagonal.
- In large saucepan, bring carrots, stock, honey, salt, pepper and nutmeg to boil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until almost tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Uncover and cook over high heat, stirring often, until liquid is almost evaporated yet carrots are glazed and still moist, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in almonds and butter.
Annacia these carrots are the bomb. So much flavor, tender and perfectly seasoned. I really enjoyed the nutmeg and honey in this dish. I used vegetable stock and omitted the almonds because of my dh's allergy. These little gems were sooo good, not overly sweet. Thanks for sharing a great way to make my favorite vegetable. Made for NA/ME
This is going directly into my Best of 2011 Cookbook. My whole family gobbled these carrots right up. The flavor is wonderful and I enjoyed the added crunch from the almonds (I used slivered almonds, since that is what I had on hand). I will make these carrots often! Thank you. :)
These carrots are great! I had everything I needed and they were really quick and easy to put together.....the only thing, I forgot to add the almonds (left the butter out on purpose to cut fat). But they were great cooked the way I did! Thanks for sharing!