Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Almond Fig Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups dried figs, diced and stems trimmed (about 10)
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon soft margarine
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly spray a 9-inch Bundt pan.
- Place the figs and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened and juice is almost completely absorbed, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- With an electric mixer, beat the olive oil and sugar until well blended.
- Add the eggs, fig mixture, sour cream, and almond extract, and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the two flours, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, toss together the almonds, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add the margarine and mix well.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the cake batter.
- Bake 40 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.