Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A sweet treat from France.
- In a wok, heat the water and sugar together. Allow the sugar to melt.
- Once the sugar has melted, add the almonds. Stir constantly. Allow the excess syrup to evaporate.
- Once all the almonds are evenly coated with syrup, pour them onto a baking tray lined with wax paper.
- Spread the almonds evenly on the tray, separating them so they won’t stick together.
- Set the oven at 120 degrees Fahrenheit and insert the almonds for roasting.
- Allow the almonds to roast for 30 minutes or until they are thoroughly dry.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow the almonds to cool.