1/5 Photos of Almond Crescents (Kourabiedes)
1 hr 15 mins
Posted for the Zaar World Tour-Greece. From the "International Vegetarian Cookbook". I have had cookies similar to these, but not this exact recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread ground almonds in a shallow pan and toast in a 350F degrees oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2In a bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add the 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar and egg yolk, mixing well. Stir in brandy or vanilla and almonds.
- 3In another bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, blending until smooth.
- 4Pinch off walnut-size pieces of dough and shape into crescents. Place on ungreased baking sheets, spacing cookies about 1 inch apart.
- 5Bake in a 325F degree oven for 30 minutes or until very lightly browned. Place baking sheets on racks and let cookies cool for 5 minutes.
- 6Sift about half the 1-1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar over wax paper and transfer cookies to it. Sift the remaining 3/4 to 1 cup powdered sugar over top to cover cookies. Let stand until cool, then store in a tightly covered container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Crescents (Kourabiedes)
Serving Size: 1 (752 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.8 mg
- Sodium 7.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g