Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a fantastic chicken salad recipe that is always a hit. It is wonderful served on pita bread! To cook the chicken for this recipe, I always put boneless chicken breasts in a baking dish, then nearly cover them with heavy cream and bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- 1 1⁄3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chives or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 5 -5 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine mayonnaise, chives, lemon juice, coriander, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix in chicken, celery, grapes, red onion, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate an hour or two to allow flavors to blend.
- Stir in almonds, taste, and adjust seasoning.