Finally made this dish and was not disappointed. I didn't have almonds on hand so I subbed pecans and crushed those to be medium fine instead...very good. Will probably use them again next time. I also used whole oat flour and cooked the chicken in olive oil. Very good along with seasoned brown and wild rice (as seen in picture).
- In large bowl, combine tamari sauce, ginger and garlic powder.
- Cut chicken into bite size chunks and marinate in tamari mixture while preparing other ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine flour, almonds, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok on high heat.
- When oil is hot, coat the chicken pieces with the flour mixture and add to pan/wok.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook until chicken is done, stirring often (about 20 minutes).
- Serve over brown rice.