Recipe by DogAndCatDoc
Finally made this dish and was not disappointed. I didn't have almonds on hand so I subbed pecans and crushed those to be medium fine instead...very good. Will probably use them again next time. I also used whole oat flour and cooked the chicken in olive oil. Very good along with seasoned brown and wild rice (as seen in picture).
Top Review by Michelle in KY
Good recipe! I followed it to a tee except I'm pretty sure I only used about 2 lbs of chicken pieces (boneless, skinless breast & thigh meat). I think I would've ran out of dredging mixture if I had used 3 lbs. After the chicken was cooked, I removed it from the pan and made a quick sauce with some apricot jam, soy sauce, hot pepper flakes, rice vinegar and the pan drippings and served it with steamed rice. Yummy and will definitely make again!
- 1⁄3 cup tamari soy sauce or 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely ground almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine tamari sauce, ginger and garlic powder.
- Cut chicken into bite size chunks and marinate in tamari mixture while preparing other ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine flour, almonds, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok on high heat.
- When oil is hot, coat the chicken pieces with the flour mixture and add to pan/wok.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook until chicken is done, stirring often (about 20 minutes).
- Serve over brown rice.