Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
In case you can't tell, I like almonds. You might not need all 5 cups of confectioner's sugar. Just follow your instincts. You want it spreadable, but not too thick.
- 236.59 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml butter
- 1182.95 ml sifted confectioners' sugar
- 66.55 ml milk
- 7.39 ml almond extract
- Cream together the shortening and the butter, add the almond extract and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in the confectioner's sugar, one cup at a time.
- Add the milk alternately with the confectioner's sugar, one tbs at a time until the icing reaches the desired consistency.
- Color and decorate as you like!
I was looking for icings, and ran across this one... I thought "almond butter"... you see, almond butter to me is a product in itself... like peanut butter. Just mashed up almonds. I wonder if you substitued almond butter in a peanut butter icing recipe what it would turn out like...