Recipe by Ashbow
This cake will still be good a few days in the refrigerator, and it can be frozen. From Vons.com
Top Review by Chef julesbart
This recipe was soooo yummy. Both of my parents are from the Netherlands, my mom use to make Boterkoek when I was a little girl. We still have her recipe but the measurements are in dutch and was very hard for me to convert.. I made this for my Mom and she loved it, said it tasted just like her recipe.. Thank you
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sweet creamy butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds (not slivered)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar and butter until blended. Stir in eggs, one at a time, mixing well. Stir in almond extract, vanilla, and salt. Stir in flour until it is mixed in well.
- Pour the batter into cake pan. Smooth the top. Sprinkle sugar over the top. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is golden. Using a toothpick won't work with this cake!
- Cut into wedges and serve warm, chilled, or at room temperature.