Recipe by KathyP53
I watched Giada De Laurentiis make these yesterday. They appear to be a soft cookie that is not too sweet. My husband LOVES blueberries and these look really good.
Top Review by c.ensler
I'm not a big blueberry fan but I thought these were really good. They don't hold up after acouple of days. The longer they sit the more moist they get. The lemon and blueberries are great together though.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using a hand mixer. Add egg andbeat to incorporate. Add milk, almond extract, and lemon zest.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the almonds, then the blueberries. Chill dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Using two small spoons (or an ice cream scoop), dollop dough onto cookies sheets. Bake until golden brown around the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. Save in sealed storage container.