Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an adaptation from a recipe in The Marshall Field's Cookbook. I discarded a few ingredients, like blue cheese and hazelnuts, and created a creamy mayonnaise-based dressing, with some key ingredients from the original recipe, like honey, and rosemary. I don't always use all of the dressing, so adjust to your taste. I love chicken salad, and this is one of my favorites. I hope you like my version of Marshall Field's Marketplace classic!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely diced sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice or 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 roasted chicken, from the store, skin removed, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large granny smith apple, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups green grapes, sliced in half
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients for the dressing and 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice.
- Once you've sliced the apple, drizzle 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice over the apple slices to keep from browning, and stir.
- Mix together chicken, apple slices, grapes, blueberries, and almonds.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture, starting with half of the dressing, then stir. Add more dressing, in tablespoons, to suit your taste.