Recipe by Manami
This recipe's rich caramel and almond flavors make these for a wondefull eating experience. Found on odense.com originally. They are delish!!!!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces odense almond paste
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup toasted & chopped almonds
- 4 ounces butter
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 -2 tablespoon Amaretto
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and butter and 8x8" baking pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl.
- Grate the almond paste(using the large hole side of the box grater)into the flour; add the chocolate chips and almonds.
- Mix well until all ingredients are coated with flour.
- Rub the flour together with fingertips separating any pieces of almond paste that may have stuck together.
- Melt the butter and while still hot, beat into sugar using an electric mixer.
- Beat on high until sugar is diessolved and mixture is smooth, not granular.
- Add the egg and Amaretto(I used 2 tablespoons); beat until well mixed.
- Stir in the flour mixture just until incorported.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden and toothpick comes out clean,.