Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found online in a Moroccan Journal. A yummy almond crust, dotted with fresh blackberries.
- 1 cup blackberry
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup honey or 1⁄2 cup agave syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9-inch springform tart pan or individual tartlet pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond meal with the flour and salt. Stir in the butter then stir in the honey or agave syrup, eggs, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and scatter the blackberries on top, pressing them lightly in the batter. Bake until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
This tart is odd but tasty. I made it as mostly as directed, I used half honey and half agave and cut back just a smidge because I was concerned it would be too sweet, and it was just right. The texture is what is odd. The edge is kind of cakey but the center is much moister more like a damp frangipane. I used mostly fresh picked blackberries with some blueberries to added in - I did use more than a cup of berries to cover the whole thing. I baked it about 5 minutes longer than stated and still wasn't sure if the center was done but the edges and bottom were nice and brown. We really liked the combination of the almond and fruit, but decided we preferred it warm on the day it was baked better than room temp the next day. Made for ZWT 9 N Africa by one of Mike and the Appliance Killers.