Recipe by Chef Jean
Found online in a Moroccan Journal. A yummy almond crust, dotted with fresh blackberries.
Top Review by Arareina D.
I first made this a year ago and it's a family favourite - even the girls at work love it... We use mixed berries and only honey and it's fabulous... Eat with whipped cream or ice cream (or both)..... DELISH!!!
- 1 cup blackberry
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup honey or 1⁄2 cup agave syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9-inch springform tart pan or individual tartlet pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond meal with the flour and salt. Stir in the butter then stir in the honey or agave syrup, eggs, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and scatter the blackberries on top, pressing them lightly in the batter. Bake until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.