Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This makes heaven to fill whatever you desire. Can you just inhale the aroma?
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped figs or 1 1⁄2 cups ground dried figs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds, blanch, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Simmer first 8 ingredients for 8 minutes. Stir constantly. Add the almonds and vanilla.
This is a winner combination with orange, the aromas are to die for!
When I made this I doubled the recipe for serving as a spread (on shortbread cookies, small slices of whole wheat bread, . . . ) at our New Year celebration ~ OUTSTANDING! Except for a generous measure of the orange zest, the recipe was followed! Will definitely do this one again! Thanks for sharingi!