1/1 Photo of Almas Pite (Hungarian Apple Cake)
This is a moist, buttery apple cake. The dough is best made the night before, put in the fridge and then filled and baked the next morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the dough
- 500 g self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 250 g butter, chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup pure cream
For the filling
- 1To Make the Dough:.
- 2In a food processor, process butter, egg yolks and sour cream or cream.
- 3Add the flour, dry yeast and sugar. Process until dough is light and does not stick to the sides of the processor.
- 4If the dough is too moist, add a bit more flour, if too dry, add a bit of milk.
- 5Cover and put in the fridge overnight.
- 6Take the dough out of the fridge about 1-2 hours before you bake it, so the dough can soften a little.
- 7Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius and greas a rectangular baking dish.
- 8Cut the dough in two, and roll out to the size of your baking dish and place one part inches.
- 9Sprinkle with walnuts.
- 10Grate the apples and squeeze all the juice out.
- 11Put apples on top of walnuts.
- 12Sprinkle with caster sugar and cinnamon.
- 13Put the other half of the dough on top.
- 14Brush with a beaten egg and prick with a fork in a few places to allow steam to escape.
- 15Bake for around 35-40 minutes.
- 16Cool in baking dish.
- 17Great served with cream!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almas Pite (Hungarian Apple Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.2
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 80.1 mg
- Sodium 106.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g