Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Named for my daughter Allegra because she calls it Chessy Pie instead of Chess. Quite a simple recipe for a rich and wonderful pie. Was the hit of last Thanksgiving.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- Melt butter.
- Mix eggs and sugar with mixer until well combined.
- Add butter, vanilla and vinegar.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream, or whipped topping.
- May add one cup of your favorite nuts before baking.
- (pecans, walnuts, filberts or macadamias).