Kirstin in the Couv's Note:
This is a simple all-purpose mild brine for chicken, turkey and pork. It is fabulous used when grilling chicken pieces. The meat will never be dry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix cold water, salt and sugar and stir to dissolve.
- 2In a non-reactive container, immerse food in brine, seal and refrigerate.
- 3Use 1 quart of brine per pound of meat, not to exceed 2 gallons.
- 4Brine for 1 hour per pound (when brining multiple items, time is based on weight of a single item), but not less than 30 minutes or more than 8 hours.
- 5WILL NOT WORK IF MEAT IS FROZEN.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All-Purpose Mild Brine for Poultry and Pork
Serving Size: 1 (1046 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 28322.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g