Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's not as yellow and strong as the store bought stuff, but it tastes fresh and it's totally natural.
- Dissolve the 2 cups of sugar into the boiling water. Stir until completely dissolved and it makes a syrup.
- Chill the syrup until room temperature.
- To your syrup add 3 cups of fresh or bottled lemon juice and your cold water. Mix or shake in a container and Ta Dah! It's that easy.
- The simple syrup alone can be stored and used to sweeten all sorts of non and alcoholic beverages.
- For margarita mix substitute 1 of your cups of lemon juice for lime juice.