Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I got this recipe form another website that is no longer available so I thought I'd pass it along to others. It is really easy to prepare & once in the crockpot you can go about you way until its done. It's great for camping & potlucks.
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni (cooked & drained)
- 6 cups sharp cheddar cheese (24oz.)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 3 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Place the cooked macaroni in a large crockpot (Oval Style not recomended) that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add 24oz. cheese, milk, evap. milk, eggs, and seasoning to the macaroni; mix well.
- Sprinkle remaining 2cups cheese on top.
- Crockpot will be full to the top.
- Then cover and cook on low setting for 5-6 hours or until the mixture is firm& golden on the edges.
- DO NOT REMOVE COVER OR STIR UNTIL MIXTURE HAS FINISHED COOKING!
I made this today for our dinner this evening, and was really excited about it. Macaroni and cheese is always a favorite in our home and a crock pot version seemed almost too good to be true. Alas,it was. I followed the directions explicitly, and it came out goopy and clumpy and rather tasteless, not creamy as I had envisioned. I had to throw the entire crock pot full out, much to my dismay, as it just would have been cheaper to call for pizza. Since it was getting late, we had to settle for french toast for dinner instead.
This is a great stand by in our house. Great for potlucks!
I halved this recipe and it worked out fine. It was a little lumpy but I didn't mind. My husband and I both agreed it needed a little more to it though. Next time I am going to try adding some onions for a little more flavor. Overall very simple to make and quick prep, just needs a little tweaking.