Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This is an African recipe from an international cookbook from an organization called, Professional Home Economics Teachers in California. This sounds delicious over rice or couscous.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons sliced red onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup sliced beef
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 cups green peppers, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 quart casserole, heat oil and saute onion until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add 1/3 c water and bring to boil.
- Add beef and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add butter, ginger, salt, green pepper and remaining water.
- Cook until beef is well done, approximately 20 minutes.