1/4 Photos of Alice's Fondant Filling for Chocolates
1 hr 20 mins
Recipe handed down from my mother-in-law. There are many variations of flavor included at bottom of recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml cream
- 9.85 ml light Karo syrup or 9.85 ml lily white syrup
- 1Combine ingredients in heavy saucepan. Boil until it reaches a soft ball stage. Pour into buttered dish to cool.
- 2After mixture is cooled, pour on clean surface and beat with wooden paddles until light and airy. Just as mixture "turns" mix in flavoring until thoroughly blended inches.
- 3Refrigerate to cool completely. Form into balls. Dip in desired chocolate.
- 5Peppermint (peppermint extract to taste).
- 6Maple Walnut (maple flavoring to taste and finely chopped walnuts).
- 7Orange (orange extract to taste--a few drops to 1/2 teaspoon).
- 8Cherry (Maraschino cherries drained and quartered--pat dry).
- 9Cherry-almond (as above but add almond extract to taste).
- 10Almond (almond extract with a sliced almond on top of finished chocolate).
- 11Coconut (fine coconut plus vanilla).
- 12Rum (rum extract plus 1-2 teaspoons butter).
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alice's Fondant Filling for Chocolates
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 2.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 0.1 g