Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Nummus is a marinated fish - this is from a native chef from Papua New Guinea. My family rave and rave about this - even those that do not eat raw fish. The fish gets "cooked" in the marinade.
- 150 ml sushi rice vinegar
- 500 ml white vinegar
- 100 ml lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 3 shallots, sliced
- cracked black pepper
- 2 chilies, deseeded and sliced
- 300 g white fish fillets (queenfish) or 300 g salmon fillets, thinly sliced
- lemon slice
- lime slice
- 1 grated orange, zest of
- Add all ingredients together thoroughly ensuring fish is covered by juice and not stuck together.
- Place on plate and cover with gladwrap and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Eat as entree with plenty of beer (Alfredo's instructions!).