I love baked beans. They are an essential part of our summer barbecues and picnics. But who wants to turn on their oven for several hours on a hot summer day? Not me! So I cheat and make my baked beans in a slow cooker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place rinsed beans in a large pot. Cover the beans with water. Cook over a high flame until it reaches a boil. Turn the heat off, place a lid on the pot, and let the beans soak for an hour. Drain the water from the beans.
- 2Cover the beans with fresh water and simmer for one hour or until tender. Drain the water from the beans.
- 3Place the beans in the slow cooker. Add ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, dry mustard, onion powder, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and water. Stir well.
- 4Check on the beans occasionally and add additional water if necessary.
- 5Cook the beans on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 6 hours or until beans are tender.
- 6If your slow cooker has a warm setting, you can turn it to warm until you are ready to serve.
- 7I use the leftover baked beans to make "Beanie Wienies" for my kids. Just dice a few leftover hot dogs, add them to the leftover beans, and heat and you have a quick and easy lunch or dinner on a busy day.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alea's Slow Cooker Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.9
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 309.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.6 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: