1/6 Photos of Alcachofas En Vinagreta Aromatica (Artichokes in Vinaigrette)
Member #610488's Note:
SPANISH TAPAS RECIPE: This recipe offers an item first introduced by the Moors into Spain in the mid-fifteenth century and combined with the local spices that now is very popular on the tapas bar circuit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the lemon juice to a large bowl of cold water. Trim the artichokes, cutting off the stalks to within 2 inches of the base of each artichoke and removing the tough outer leaves. Cut off the top quarter of the leaves from each.
- 2Slice each artichoke in half lengthwise or into quarters if very large. Remove the artichoke heart from each piece with a teaspoon then place into the bowl of cold water. This will keep them from discoloring while you do other parts of the recipe.
- 3Bring a large non-aluminum sauce pan of water to a boil. Add the artichokes and 1 tsp salt and simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender. Test by placing a skewer through the base. If cooked, the skewer will go through with little or no resistance.
- 4Strain then drain the artichokes on their cut side. Allow to cool.
- 5In a small bowl, combine the garlic, oregano, coriander, cumin and chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper and then blend in the sherry vinegar. Allow to marinate together for 10 minutes.
- 6Beating continuously, add the olive oil slowly to the mixture to make an emulsion (can use a food processor for this part).
- 7Arrange the artichokes in rows on a serving platter. Pour the dressing over the top and leave to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alcachofas En Vinagreta Aromatica (Artichokes in Vinaigrette)
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.1
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 734.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar