Recipe by lazyme
A healthy and hearty soup from the cookbook Delicious Ways to Lower Cholesterol.
Top Review by merrylady
New favorite! I served this tonight for the first time. My husband informed me that out of all the Catfish recipes I've made from RecipeZaar...this is the best one! Even though I do not like Catfish and did not eat any...it was so easy to make that I would also rate this one as my new favorite recipe to make!
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup potato, diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups catsup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb catfish fillet, 1-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter in a large saucepan until transparent.
- Add tomatoes and next 6 ingredients to saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Gently stir in fish; continue to simmer 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove bay leaf before serving.