- 3 cups flour (can use part whole wheat if desired)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup milk (warm)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄3 cup warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Melt shortening, then add to warm milk.
- Add milk to yeast mixture, stirring to blend.
- Mix with flour.
- Roll out dough about 1/2 inch thick. Cut with biscuit cutter. Let rise to double in grease pan.
- Bake 10-15 minutes at 450 degrees F.