1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Very interesting type of "roast". Originally came from a cookbook from northern Wisconsin where Al Capone used to hang out. Otherwise I have no idea how the name came about, but its a great meal, even for a gangster!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown sausage and slice in finger sized pieces.
- 2Slice 1 pepper, 1/2 of onion and cheese into finger sized pieces.
- 3Place all on top of long end of steak.
- 4Slice 1/2 of mushrooms and mince garlic and place on top of previous items.
- 5Salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Heat oil into 13x9 baking dish.
- 7Roll up jelly roll fashion and secure with toothpicks.
- 8Slice remaining pepper, onion, mushrooms and place around steak in the pan.
- 9Sear in 450 oven turning occasionally for 1/2 hour.
- 10Mix paste and water together, and pour over steak.
- 11Reduce heat to 400 and cook for 45-60 minutes til done.
- 12Remove toothpicks and slice.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Al Capone Roast
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.8
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 67.3 mg
- Sodium 1887.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 28.1 g