Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've been talking about various topics related to kitchen, foods and drinks, but now enjoying a delicious lunch with my family, I thought that I wanted to share this delicious recipe with you. I'm talking about one of the most representative dishes of my city (Bogotá) and the many foreigners who visit us, want to return again soon to try this wonder of culinary, typical of my country. I'm talking about the Ajiaco, you can accompany a soup with rice and avocado and becomes a perfect recipe for a family lunch today and I will teach you to do it the traditional way. The times of cooking that I show you in this recipe are in a pressure cooker. If you are using a traditional pot, increase in average 15 minutes.
- The preparation is as follows:
- Heat the water in a large pot, add tomato, onion, garlic, salt and chicken. cook for 15 minutes from when it starts off steam. Remove chicken, let cool a little and slice it. Reserve it.
- Add the corn cobs and potatoes and let cook for 10 minutes from when it starts off steam.
- It is possible that the Creole potato fade away, but this is what makes giving consistency and thickness to the soup that is key.
- Serve and decorate with sliced chicken and cream.
- The result will be this:.
- Really hope you enjoy it and sometime you can do it directly from my city.