Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These waffles are light, filling and the perfect start to Saturday morning- makes the house smell fantastic! To make healthier the recipe also works well with all whole wheat flour and substituting another 1/2 cup of applesauce for the butter.
- In a large mixing bowl combine first seven ingredients.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the last 5 ingredients.
- Pour liquid ingredients in to dry and mix well.
- Pour onto hot waffle iron and sprinkle with chopped nuts, cook until lightly browned.
- Serve with powdered sugar or warm maple syrup.
My daughter really liked these. My boys weren't as impressed. I thought they were light and crisp but not as sweet as I like my waffles. Because they are healthier I will make them again. I froze the extras because this recipe does make alot of waffles.