Recipe by Texas Pete
This is an Authentic Costa Rican dish that my girlfriend's mother used to make us. She just passed in October and we got this recipe just in time. I thought I would put it out there for everyone to enjoy as much as we do.
Top Review by Joanna 6
Wonderful recipe just like my grandma would make it! I've also tried it with pinto beans and it taste just as yummy! Thanx a lot for posting bought back some nice memories! Add some platano maduro and some salchicon (sausage) and I'm back in my grandma's kitchen!
- 2 cups black beans, prepared
- 1 cup white rice, prepared
- 3⁄4 small white onion
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons Lizano sauce (you can get it on the internet)