Recipe by gailanng
Sweet potato fries sweetened with agave, spiced with smoky chili powder and tinged with a hint of lime. These will not be a crispy fry. Oh, up the chili powder to 1/2 teaspoon if you’re using a dipping sauce. I used French Fry Sauce along with 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and the sauce provided just the right balance of heat and cooling.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil (not more than or will become soggy)
- sea salt (to taste)
- 29.58 ml agave nectar
- 9.85 ml lime juice
- 4.92 ml lime, zest
- 1.23-2.46 ml dried chipotle powder, ancho powder (to taste) or 1.23-2.46 ml cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1.23 ml cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel sweet potatoes. Cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch slices.
- In a bowl, using a spatula mix the minced garlic, olive oil, salt, agave nectar, lime zest and chipotle or ancho powder together.
- Add sweet potato fries to bowl and with the same spatula toss to evenly coat.
- Place coated sweet potato fries in a single layer on a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet (it's not necessary to grease). Bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, carefully flip sweet potato fries. Cook an additional 10-15 minutes or until fries are done.